First Time Travelers
Updated: Nov. 2022
My name is Jesse Slome and I’m sweet on traveling (as you can see from my recent visit to Sorrento Italy).
Over the years I have traveled on my own, arranged my own multi-country trips and taken package tours using a number of tour companies. One (Overseas Adventure Travel) has become my favorite and I’m proud to recommend them.
I don’t work for Overseas Adventure Travel or their parent company (Grand Circle Travel). WHEN YOU BOOK YOUR FIRST TRIP OR CRUISE WITH EITHER COMPANY, YOU CAN SAVE $100-PER-PERSON. Keep reading.
Both companies rely on happy travelers like me to refer new people (like you). I have referred friends and family. And, here I am using technology to help spread the word. You used the same technology to look for reviews and ways to save (smart move)!
WHAT DO I GET? When you make your first reservation using my name and Customer Number, I receive a credit towards a future trip. The credit is only applied after you complete your trip. I just get one (1) credit, one time for each first time traveler. The credit doesn’t add anything to your cost and there’s no small print. After your trip, you can refer people and YOU GET THE CREDIT (I only get the one).
WHAT DO YOU GET? You get an added savings OFF THE LOWEST AVAILABLE PRICE. The tour companies do not promote the special discount for first time travelers so you must mention it when making your reservation.
GET YOUR OVERSEAS ADVENTURE TRAVEL DISCOUNT
SIMPLY SAY, “I was referred by Jesse Slome, Customer Number 932019”. It’s just that simple … and just that appreciated. It’s a 1-time savings for first-time travelers. I get a 1-time credit for a future trip. After that, you are able to refer travelers and get the credit (I only get it 1x).
WHY DO I LIKE OVERSEAS ADVENTURE TRAVEL? Of the many tour companies I have used (Trafalgar, Globus, Brendan) here’s why I favor OAT.
1. Small group format: 16 people maximum is so much better than a big-bus tour with 40-to-50 people.
2. Really good tour guides: They really have a passion for their countries and really go out of their way to make your trip memorable.
3. Great travelers: They tend to be active, older (60s, 70s), educated (a lot of teachers) and they like to travel and explore. We have made and kept friends from many of our trips.
4. Good value. These are not the cheapest way to travel nor the most expensive. Hotels are good (some have been really good) and clean. Frankly, I couldn’t do everything they include for the price they charge … and they still have to pay staff and make money.
5. I like the balance of touristy stuff and getting to know the real people. We’ve stayed in the homes of Chinese farmers, had lunch in a house on a remote Gallapagos island where I taught the 9-year old girl how to play hang-man. These are the types of experiences that I find create the best memories when traveling.
SO IF YOU ARE BOOKING A FIRST TOUR WITH OVERSEAS ADVENTURE TRAVEL OR GRAND CIRCLE TRAVEL … I hope you’ll say , “I was referred by Jesse Slome, Customer Number 932019”. Thanks and good travels.
READ ABOUT THE TOURS I HAVE TAKEN
CLICK ON THE POSTS TO READ ABOUT TOURS I HAVE TAKEN WITH OAT AND GRAND CIRCLE TRAVEL
Colombia’s Colonial Jewels & Coffee Triangle (Dec 2019)
Mongolia and the Gobi Desert(July 2018)
Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Slovenia (June 2017)
Heart of India & Nepal (December 2016)
Chile & Argentina: The Andes To Patagonia (January 2016)
Pure New Zealand (January 2015)
Real Affordable Costa Rica (May 2012)
Imperial China, Tibet & The Yangtze (June 2010)
Moroccan Sahara Odyssey (May 2009)
Machu Picchu and the Galapagos (July 2007)
Changing Face of Vietnam (November 2005)
Note: I am working on adding the other pages. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
LINKS TO MY PROFESSIONAL WORK I am director of several national insurance trade associations. Click here to visit the American Association for Long-Term Care Insurance, or the American Association for Medicare Supplement Insurance or the National Advisory Center for Short-Term Care Information.
LINKS TO VALUABLE SITES FOR CONSUMERS
Critical illness insurance information
Medicare insurance information and news